Friday, February 20, 2015

A Target run and a garbage find!

A Target opened just a mile from my house about a year ago. It was the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me! It's great because I can stop in anytime for anything. But it's also scary because I usually walk out with a lot more than I ever thought I wanted or needed. 


I found these cool placemats with a geometric pattern on sale for less than $2 each. But I don't have any plans to use them on my kitchen table. Stay tuned next week to find out why. I also found rolls of burlap ribbon in the Target dollar bin. I don't have a specific plan in mind for these but I'm excited to figure something out. And the black lamp? Well, that was a complete impulse purchase. But it was on sale, and check out that shade - the black pattern is on the inside.


My most exciting find this week, however, didn't come from a store. Instead, it came from a neighbor's trash pile. My neighbor put this huge dresser out on the curb with a sign that said "FREE." I drove by it a few times and the wheels in my mind started turning. Then, late one night this week, I talked my husband into helping me carry it home. It's HEAVY, and the drawers are deep and spacious. It just needs a little loving care.

Have you ever "rescued" a perfectly good piece of furniture from the trash? I'd love to hear what you did with your find!


No comments:

Post a Comment