Sunday, February 15, 2015

DIY jewelry storage

When I made over my daughter's room, I was looking for a stylish way to display her jewelry. But I also needed it to be functional and practical, too. She had lots of wall space so when I found this large arrow chalkboard, it sparked an idea.


This was such a simple project. At first, I had envisioned attaching small eye hooks to the chalkboard to hang necklaces and bracelets. But I wanted something a little more substantial. So instead I went to Hobby Lobby and found a few wall coat hooks. I attached them to the bottom of the chalkboard and placed the dowel on them.


That's it. Really. It's that simple! I haven't painted the dowel yet, but that's next on my project list.


Do you have a stylish jewelry storage solution? Share your ideas in the comments below with me. Or check out this Pinterest board with some other awesome jewelry storage DIY ideas.


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing your solution! I have a TINY bedroom and need all the help I can get! I really don't even have room for a jewelry box, so this is a great idea for me! Thanks for linking it on Merry Monday! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea. I haven't made anything to store jewelry yet, but I've been thinking about it. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete