Monday, February 2, 2015

Gold is back!

A few years ago, I contemplated having my wedding ring and engagement band replated in platinum. I was married in the '90s, and back then everything was about gold. But in the years since, silver, white gold and platinum have really gained in popularity, not only in jewelry but in home decor. I even stopped and talked to a local jeweler to find out how much replating the rings would cost. In the end, I opted against it - and I am glad I did! Not only do the rings remind me of a special time in my life, but they are also a constant reminder that everything that is old is eventually new again! That's right, people - gold is back!


A great example is this candle holder I found at Pier 1 Imports. It has a brassy gold finish. It was originally $65 - but I got it on sale for just $12! What an awesome buy and a great way to add a little bit of gold into my decor. I might even enhance the color with a little gold Rub n' Buff.


When it comes to decorating with gold and other metallics, I like the idea of adding pops of color to a room through accessories. And there are so many great DIY options - from pillows to dipped furniture legs. Click on the pinterest board below for more great ideas about incorporating gold into your decor.

Follow Jen @ Call Me Creative.'s board Gold is back! on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment