Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Last-minute Valentine box

If you are anything like me, you sometimes have a hard time keeping up with all the paperwork that comes home with your kids from school. So when my son reminds me at 8 p.m. that he needs to bring a Valentine's box to school the next day, you can understand when I start to panic a little. It gets worse when I can't find a shoe box. So I head to the kitchen...

And I find an empty box of kids' drink pouches that was sitting near the garbage. Bingo! I grabbed some red construction paper, scissors and a glue stick.


Cut out the paper to fit on each side of the box, then glue them on. Cover the edges in washi tape and you have this.


Not too bad for a last minute box! I filled it up with the chalkboard bookmark Valentines I made last week. And just like that, my son was all set to go. And I wasn't panicked anymore :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea. You could use the same concept to create a really cute leprechaun trap for St. Patrick's Day, too! Thanks for sharing at the Get Your Shine On linky party!

    ReplyDelete