Friday, February 13, 2015

Refrigerator magnet frame

Do you display things on your refrigerator? I do - and the result is a big mess of magnets, photos, takeout menus and appointment reminders. I needed something to help me organize all the clutter. Inspired by a framing project I saw online, I decided to create a large magnetic frame for my refrigerator that would contain the clutter.


At the craft store, I bought a roll of magnetic tape and a lightweight wooden frame. I grabbed some metallic paint I had at home and thought I'd paint it.



But after visiting Michael's new Make Market section, I was inspired by all the burlap and natural elements I saw. So instead of my original plan, I bought three spools of burlap ribbon and weaved it around the frame. I hotglued the ribbon at the beginning and the end and then hotglued strips of magnetic tape on the back.


I love the way it turned out and I'm thinking about making a few matching frames for the front of the refrigerator now, too.

This is a really simply and easy weekend DIY. I'd love to hear what you are working on this weekend! Tell me about your DIY projects for the weekend in the comments. And check out more great weekend projects at this link-up at Tatertots and Jello.

No comments:

Post a Comment