Thursday, April 2, 2015

Easter favor cups

I haven't had a lot of time for crafting, what with all my medical drama this last month. But I didn't want Easter to come and go without posting some kind of holiday craft. Here's a cute and easy one I did with my kids a few years ago. We used them as drink cups - but quickly found out that the bunny ears would poke you in the eyes every time you took a sip. So I'm rechristening them as favor cups. Fill them with candy, plastic silverware and napkins at each place sitting or just a fun addition to your Easter decor.


This is the perfect DIY to do with kids and the supplies are cheap. I used styrofoam cups from the dollar store and scrapbook paper that I already had. Cut the paper out in the shape of bunny ears. I used a patterned paper on the outside and then added a smaller ear cut out of solid colored paper on the inside. Use hot glue or a glue stick to adhere the ears to the cup. On the front, use a Sharpie or black marker to draw two eyes, a nose and whiskers.

And that's it! Fill them with whatever you like and tuck these adorable bunny cups around your Easter table.

Do you ever craft with styrofoam cups? I've love to hear your ideas in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment