Thursday, June 25, 2015

Fourth of July centerpiece

My niece got married recently and the centerpieces were beautiful flower arrangements in large square glass containers. I was able to take one home and sat the empty container in the middle of my kitchen table. For days, I stared at it wondering what to do with it. Maybe I would fill it with lemons and limes. Or maybe twist grapevines in it and add fresh flowers. And then, on a quick trip to the store, I found a $5 houseplant and inexpensive red glass stones and an idea was born. 


The plant fit perfectly in my glass container, and I used the stones to fill the space around it. I added small American flags and red, white and blue floral picks that I had bought last year around the plant. And that was it. Done.

I absolutely LOVE projects like this because they are inexpensive but have a big effect. The arrangement adds a great pop of greenery and patriotism to my summer decor and literally took just minutes to put together. It's a great example of how you don't need a lot of time or money to make your house a real home.

No comments:

Post a Comment