Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tea Towel Kitchen Curtains

You know that time you went to Target for just one or two things and came out with a zillion other things you never knew you needed? Let's be honest - that's what happens every time you go to Target, right? I went in last weekend for just a few things and came out with two pretty tea towels with watercolor pumpkins and a pumpkin bread recipe on them. At home, I looked for a place to display them and was drawn to the undressed window above my kitchen sink.


I don't sew much, so I wanted to keep this project as simple as possible. I'm a big fan of tension rods because you don't need to put a hole in the wall and you can change out your decor easily when you use them. So I bought an antique bronze colored tension rod and some curtain clips.


These come in a variety of colors and a few different sizes. The round part slips on your tension rod, while the clips are equally spaced across your tea towels. And it's really just that simple. I folded the tea towels in half since they were a little long and I only wanted them to cover part of the window.


I love the way these easy curtains turned out and can't wait to see what I can find to put up for Christmas. And look beyond tea towels. You could use fabric remnants, a table runner, or even placemats.

No comments:

Post a Comment