Sunday, November 29, 2015

Decorating with Christmas ornaments

I'm a bit of a Christmas ornament hoarder. It's something that happens after the holidays when I find it hard to pass up clearance sales, especially of bright, shiny Christmas balls. I think it's because they are so versatile. You can do so much more with them than just hang them on the tree. 

A few years ago, I decorated everything in a color scheme of yellow, soft greens and a soft red. But as you can see, a bright shiny red has kind of taken over my decor the last few holidays. But don't limit yourself to red. Christmas balls come in a variety of colors and are inexpensive. And if you are using them outdoors, be sure to buy shatterproof ornaments so they'll stand up to the weather.


I love to pile ornaments of all sizes into glass vases or apothecary jars. Here, I've added them to a large square vase alongside faux snowballs (made with Snow-Tex and foam balls). I put a small tree inside for a centerpiece on my kitchen table.


Across from my table, I've attached glittery red and white ornaments to faux greens which hang at the window above my kitchen sink for a simple swag.


You can use round ornaments to create a wreath - just hotglue balls of all sizes and various colors to a foam wreath form. Or hang individual ornaments from various lengths of clear fishing line from your existing curtain rods to give your window treatments some holiday bling.

Come follow me on Pinterest for more great ideas about using simple ornaments in your holiday decor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment