Saturday, November 7, 2015

Thanksgiving paper turkey leg place cards

Do you host Thanksgiving dinner at your house every year? I'm not hosting this year - we will be going to a relative's house - but I'm always looking for creative ideas to set my table at turkey time. I especially like ideas that are kid friendly since I have two of my own. A few years ago, I made these paper turkey legs and used them as placecards. They were a hit - with kids young and old.

These super simple turkey leg place cards are made out of paper bags and a little construction paper. Just fill the bags with some old newspaper or crushed up paper. You could also fill them with treats - like chocolate candies for an after dinner surprise. Separately, use white cardstock to cut out a long, thin rectangle and a small heart. Use a glue stick to glue the heart to the top of the rectangle, creating a "bone."


Gather the end of the paper bag, slip the other end of the rectangle into the bag and put clear tape around it to secure it. You can write names on the bags and place them at each table setting.


Go ahead - sit them right on your good china. You know you want to. What could be more fun?



No comments:

Post a Comment