Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Lighted Holiday Signs

Today's post comes courtesy of a fun holiday craft - that I didn't make! I attended a Pinterest party over the weekend. Have you ever been to one? My crafty friend Sarah has one every year before Christmas. Here's the gist: Everyone makes a holiday craft inspired by a Pinterest post. You bring your craft wrapped to the party and then everyone picks a number. Starting with the first number, you pick a present. And like those funny white elephant exchanges, you can choose to steal someone's gift if you like. It makes for a lot of laughs. 


I got this great wall hanging made by Sarah herself! I absolutely love it - and actually stole it from someone else at the party to get it. I found this tutorial below from The Idea Room on how to make it. And it is super easy.


I've seen these lighted holiday signs every where this year. Some are mass produced and others are homemade. This one was made using wood from an old pallet.

Source: Fresh Crush 

This one from Love Grows Wild uses an artist canvas and chalk paint.

Source: Love Grows Wild 
Marquee signs are also all over the place right now. But if spelling out a word or phrase in lights is a little too flashy for you, you can make a marquee sign like this one at Bre Purposed. I'm also a big fan of her red gingham garland. Isn't it fun?

Source:: Bre Purposed
There are so many great ideas out there to light up your holiday home! Share some ideas below about how you use lighted signs in your decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment