Sunday, December 6, 2015

Winter hot cocoa and coffee station

This isn't an advertisement for Eight O'Clock brand coffee. It just happens to be my favorite - and the red single serve cups match my holiday decor. As the weather is getting cooler out, I'm craving something warm in the evening. Whether it's a cup of flavored coffee or a hot chocolate, December is the perfect time for a hot drink. Have you ever thought of creating a festive coffee/hot cocoa bar for the winter months?


It's so easy to find great sources on the web for bringing a little holiday cheer to your coffee station. I found free chalkboard printables here and attached them to my jar of hot chocolate with a red and white ribbon. I filled another glass jar with fun paper straws.

And how about adding a fun framed picture to your coffee station? I picked a free printable from Lily and Val. Valerie McMeehan is the artist behind the site and does incredible chalk art. I love her stuff - and she also is a Pittsburgher like me so I'm a little biased about her! I have never met her but I'm so inspired by her work. She has a blog and an online shop - and you should check them out!


I added some greenery and a few red glittery ornaments as a finishing touch. Use whatever you have on hand or what you enjoy! You can add a bunch of candy canes that can be used to stir your cocoa, or fill a jar with mini marshmallows.

If you are interested in creating your own coffee or cocoa bar for the holiday season, check out my Pinterest board for more fun ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment