Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Styling a coffee table with Chairish

I love a good style challenge. Recently, I was inspired by Chairish, an exclusive curator approved, online marketplace for vintage furniture and challenged to style a coffee table with the items I think are essential. Come check out what I found on their site!


I was overwhelmed with the selection at Chairish - from furniture to rugs and tabletop accessories, they have it all. And I was impressed with the variety of prices, too, from the very expensive to the more reasonable.

I began by picking out this simple wooden coffee table with a metal top. I tend to like the more traditional shapes of furniture and loved the simple lines on this piece. I also love that it is made with two materials, which gives it added interest.

I looked at page after page of rugs and decided to ground the table on this Pasargad Traansitional Vsilk and Wool Rug. It's a light gray - almost bluish color - with a pretty white floral pattern throughout. Most people don't think about styling BELOW their coffee table, but that to me is one of the essentials that helps to set the entire tone for the accessories on your coffee table. So start with a great rug and then choose your decor.

You want different heights and levels on a coffee table to keep things interesting. You can never go wrong with books. I found a few Ansel Adams art books at Chairish that I would sit in a pile on the coffee table and top with two vintage mercury glass candlesticks.

I also chose silver etched metal nesting trays to sit on the table. I loved the delicate pattern etched on the trays. It makes a nice contrast to the dark, heavy table. And for a pop of color, add a blue murano glass bowl.

Check out Chairish for more great ideas and pieces to complete your decor. If you want more coffee table inspiration, click here to see their complete collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment