Monday, March 7, 2016

Crafting with Kids: Spring Peeps banner

I love a good kids craft. They are simple and colorful and give young minds and hands a chance to get creative. This Spring Peeps banner I made for my mantel this year is a perfect craft to do with your kids. You only need a few simple supplies and it makes a fun addition to your Spring decor.


For this project, I used my Cricut Explore Air to cut out bunny-shaped Peeps. These are so simple to design, but I've included a pattern here for those of you who own a Cricut.


I printed out a bunch in several different bright colors. I colored in their round eyes and nose with black marker and then used a hole punch to punch one hole in each ear. These holes will be used to thread string or ribbon through to create your banner.


For a little more whimsy, I used a glue stick to add some Easter grass to each bunny. Just roll your glue stick along the bottom of the bunny, grab a handful of grass and stick it on. Not all of it will stay, but I like the uneven look of it.

If you don't have a Cricut, try freehand drawing a bunny Peep. Or right click on the pattern below, save it to your computer and use it as a template to cut out your own.


1 comment:

  1. Cute banner. Thanks for sharing with Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete